CALL FOR PAPERS
The Glasnik of the Bar Association of Vojvodina was founded as a professional journal on June 1st 1928 by the Bar Association in Novi Sad, currently the Bar Association of Vojvodina. It is one of the oldest legal journals not only in Serbia, but in the region of the former Yugoslavia, which has been continually published. Since 1981 it has been classified as a journal of legal theory and practice. In the first half of 1996 it established criteria that apply to the rank of scientific publications, while since 2004 it has had the status of a national scientific journal (with the designation M53), in accordance with the criteria set by the Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development of the Republic of Serbia. The journal publishes original scientific articles, discussions, legal essays, case studies from the history of law, book reviews and texts which relate to the legal practice.
Starting from 2019, the journal is published quarterly: in the second part of March, June, September and December.
All interested authors are invited to submit their papers to the editorial board.
The papers are submitted via the platform for electronic editing of the journal by the following link: http://aseestant.ceon.rs/index.php/gakv/user or to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submitted papers must be in accordance with the guidelines presented in Instructions for authors regarding citation.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS FOR AUTHORS
With the goal of increasing the quality of the Glasnik of the Bar Association of Vojvodina and with the desire to actively contribute to the development of legal theory and practice on a national, regional and international level, the editorial board declares that:
- authors of articles which significantly contribute to the development of legal theory and practice, by decision of the editorial board, may be awarded a monetary sum of 15 000 dinars and the editorial board may decide, with the consent of the author, to professionally translate and publish the article into English in its entirety, or translate and publish English articles into Serbian.
- The Glasnik of the Bar Association of Vojvodina is the only legal journal in Serbia, and numbers among a select few in the region, which is specifically suited for publishing articles about extensive scientific research, whose publishing requires referring to a significant corpus of previously unknown, unavailable or hard to access, that is to say accessible but unsystematized, data which the research is based on. Such data the author may publish as an addendum to the article under the name “Database”. When the length of the database necessitates, it may be published electronically as an electronic database and such an electronic database, if needed, may be printed and published in a special or irregular issue of the journal.
- Authors who have previously published scientific articles under different names have the right to designate the name or names under which they have previously published alongside their current name.
- All articles published in the Glasnik are publicly available in full length in electronic from on the Serbian citation index, which allows accessibility, visibility and searchability in the entire world.
- The Glasnik does not require a fee for submitting, reviewing and publishing of articles, nor does it charge for any other expense.
The Glasnik publishes multiple types of scientific and professional articles.
- Original scientific article is a previously unpublished article of research conducted by the author using the scientific method.
- Review article is an article which contains an original, detailed and critical review of a research problem or area in which the author has made significant contributions, evident by the use of self-citations.
- Short report is an original scientific article full in form and scope, but shorter in length, which contains as of yet unpublished results of a completed research. It may have no more than 1 000 words.
- Preliminary report is an original scientific article full in form and scope, but shorter in length, which contains as of yet unpublished results of an incomplete research. It may have no more than 1 000 words.
- Scientific critique, or polemic, is a discussion of a certain topic based purely on scientific argumentation.
Non-scientific articles are professional papers and other contributions.
Professional paper is a contribution which offers knowledge and experience useful for the betterment of professional practise, but is not necessarily based on the scientific method.
Professional papers include reviews of case law and administrative practice, case studies or reviews of a specific case (if they do not meet the requirements to be categorized as scientific articles), as well as commentary on case law and administrative practice, including professional critique.
Non-scientific contributions which are not professional papers, but are published in the journal, are included into one of the following categories:
- Editorial is a short article which promotes a position or opinion. The editorial is written by the editor-in-chief or a member of the editorial board.
- Essay is a short review of a topic with deliberations from the author.
- Excerpt from legal practice is a contribution consisting of one or more excerpts from legal practice. It consists of a highlighted statement from a court ruling or deliberation (domestic or foreign), an arbitral body or government agency, which represent a novel method of functioning or explains problems which have arisen previously in legal practice. The highlighted statement must be followed by an explanation or commentary. The contribution may consist of one or more such statements followed by an explanation and may include initial and final observations, but does not have to.
- Biography is a contribution which describes the life, professional journey and professional or scientific contribution of a deserving legal practitioner or scholar, or other person who has, through their work, contributed to the development of legal theory and practice.
- Obituary is an announcement of a person’s death accompanied by a short biography.
- Book review is a contribution focusing on the themes of the book, its importance and content, and may include an overview of the scientific and professional work of the author.
- Report on a scientific or professional gathering is a short announcement on a scientific or professional gathering.
- Correction is short announcement which corrects a mistake from a previous issue.
- Statement of appreciation is a short statement which gives thanks to a person, group of persons or an institution.
- Report on the work of the bodies of the Bar Association
- Report from the meeting of the bodies of the Bar Association
- Other is the term used for all contributions which could not be categorized into any of the previously listed categories.
The call for papers is extended to all persons dealing with the area of law, philosophy and history of law and related sciences and disciplines.
Only articles written in Serbian or English, or in the languages which are in official use in the countries of the region (Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro and the Republic of Croatia), will be considered for publication.
For additional information, You can contact the editorial board on the email address: email@example.com with the subject – For Glasnik.
Submit Your papers here
Click the link to access the platform for electronic editing of the journal or send Your papers to firstname.lastname@example.org
Technical instructions for authors
Click the link to download the PDF file
Instructions for authors regarding citation
Click the link to download the PDF file
Click the link to go to the page